Sunday, February 13, 2011

Evie is 6 months old!

My dear Evelyn,

I cannot believe you are already 6 months old! Half a year has already passed since the wonderful day you were born. Wow. The past 6 months have flown by and I have cherished and loved every second!

A lot has gone on in the past month!

First you are sitting on your own. As long as I position you correctly. I do not have to put as much effort into making sure your legs are positioned right, you do that on your own. You do not wobble as much, you actually keep balanced - Even when reaching for toys. Such an improvement of you sitting properly without reaching for anything. Now you even can go towards the ground and do sit ups while sitting. Your core is getting strong!

Also your toy interaction has improved greatly. Your hand eye coordination is coming a long way. You are grabbing at toys. Keeping your hold on them. Putting them in your mouth (everything goes in your mouth), chewing on them. You are doing what you want with them! Growing and learning before my eyes!

Food has been fun! We started you first on oatmeal cereal. Then onto real foods. Avocado (not a hit), Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Bananas, Pears, Carrots, Green Beans. You are liking them all. May take a few times to warm up to them but you are enjoying the whole eating process. You are a pro at eating. From the first time you open your mouth up wide when the spoon comes close. You don't make a mess at all. Most of the mess is from it falling off the spoon before it gets to your mouth. I am starting to mix foods together to give you some depth in flavor, and you seem to be enjoying it. I have not made much homemade baby food for you. It takes a lot of time, and I am not 100% on my game. Sorry. But I have found you 100% organic baby food and the only ingredient is the food that you are eating - so very close to homemade! I want to make more, and will try to make batches and freeze on the weekends........

The introduction of solids means that your poops are lovely! Haha. I know what you did not want to read. Dad keeps saying we should just keep you on breastmilk.....

Speaking of breastmilk - WE MADE IT 6 MONTHS NURSING! That is the first goal I had for us! I am very happy we are there. You have only had breastmilk since about 1.5-2 weeks old! It has taken dedication, and we have come a far way. But you love it as do I. We will continue till 1 year (9 months is the first goal). The thought was to stop at a year, but I have a feeling I will want to continue morning and/or evening nursing sessions. I love it so much and it is a time with just you and you seem to enjoy it too. xoxoxo.

We also had your first plane trip across the country. You loved it! You handled the plane ride wonderfully! Slept, ate, played, fussed a little while falling asleep, cuddled, ate, etc. You loved visiting California. Loved being in summer clothing. Loved wearing no socks (as did I). You are great with visitors and people you have never met. You never minded being passed from person to person. Such a social butterfly. Hope you keep that up!

One other thing you started right before your 6 month birthday. You love dogs! Visiting my parents (they are still figuring out their names for you to call them, they say it is up to you), you started laughing at the dogs. You reach for them every time they come near. You love the puppies and I can't blame you! They will love it when you start to chase them around the house!

It has been a fantastic month my little girl. Cannot believe how fast you are growing up! Soon you will have your first tooth. Soon you will be crawling. Wow I cannot believe it.

I love you my beautiful little girl. So very much. All I want to do is be with you! Especially after spending a week with you due to snow storms and traveling! Love You!


XOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXO ~Mommy












No comments:

Post a Comment