Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Evelyn Irene's First Birthday!

Yes this is 2 months late. I have a post almost written with a letter to her for her birthday. Just need to add the stats I have written down somewhere at home from her 1 year doctor's visit. Hopefully I'll get that posted before her 15 month appointment next week.

Her first birthday was so much fun! I took the day off to celebrate it with her. I just knew I would not be able to drop her off at day care, since I wanted to be with her and reminisce about the day she was born.


The day started off with a happy girl in her crib. All smiles and giggles. I believe she slept in that morning since we didn't have to go to daycare and work!

We decided to start the birthday morning off with homemade pancakes (with real NH maple syrup), chicken apple sausages, and bananas. Yummy breakfast morning! This was her first taste of maple syrup. She was pretty much just eating syrup. I don't blame her! YUM!

Then we got dressed to go to our favorite baby/toddler store for a music class! Evie had fun, while we sang along. She was the youngest one there but she enjoyed it, especially the monkey mask they used as props for 10 monkeys jumping on the bed.

After the class, we came home and napped. Birthday girl needs her sleep! Then had some lunch, played around the house. Since it was so gorgeous out (since August usually is, unless it is humid) we went to the public pool! Dressed her in her cute suit. Got there, switched her to her reusable swim diaper. And went in. This pool has a great kid area (no pictures, was just me and her). She had fun with the spouts of water, water trickling down on her. And enjoyed going into the deep end with mama to practice kicking, dunking under water, and twirling. This kid loves the water and will be a little fish!

After a good hour, we had enough and I didn't want her to get too cold, so we headed home. Daddy was leaving work early so we could all enjoy dinner together!



For dinner, was her favorite, Mac and Cheese! How can you go wrong with cheese and pasta? And of course, finished it off with a gourmet vanilla cupcake from a yummy local cupcake shop



Yes we did get a video too :)

Then present time! She got a great present from her aunt Katie! Katie has had a Gund Monkey forever. It is her favorite item of all time. So she got Evie one too! Here is a great picture of Katie's monkey and Evie's monkey. A really sweet picture, showing how loved hers is, and kind of passing on the torch 

And how can we talk about her opening presents without a video of her opening Monkey. Includes kisses :)


And that was her first birthday day! Filled with sooo much fun! Love this little girl, who will always be mommy's baby!


1 comment:

  1. I just ran across your blog...never have I before seen another one of the older style Gund Monkeys...I recieved one from my uncle for my first Christmas. Now 24 years later my Son adores it...maybe too much as he is losing his fur in lots of spots...If you have any information on it as what his Gund name is, what year he was made, I would greatly appreciate it as I hope to find one in better condition soon.

    ReplyDelete