Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Snack Bags

A few weeks (or maybe months) ago I saw that planet wise, one of the brands we use for wet bags, came out with snack bags. What a great idea!

I always hated using sandwich bags. Felt bad for throwing away barely used and dirty plastic bags, but never felt safe re-using for old food in them. And tell you the truth, those flimsy plastic bags were impossible to rinse out.

Talking to my mom, she said they use a lot of those cheapy plastic containers. Well and fine, but my dogs love to steal them for a chew toy... And I want to phase those out of my house in change for glass since I think it is safer to use more glass and less plastic in general.

So I ordered two of these reusable bags.One snack size and one sandwich size.



They are velcro closure. Easy to use. Surprisingly they actually help my sandwich not get squished! No one likes a squished PB&J. Easy to clean - usually just use a little dish soap and rinse. And the prints are just cute! I think I may get a few more for easy snack toting in the diaper bag (and the prints do stand out when searching through an unorganized bag).

I really like the snack size bags. Good for some cookies, crackers, cheese, etc.

A local mom/baby store has the Itzy Ritzy snack happened snack bags. They also have some cute prints, but I have not gotten one yet. I like how it is a zipper closure instead of the velcro since velcro eventually does not hold.  They don't seem as 'sturdy' as the planet wise ones so I think my sandwich would have a possibility of being squished. Next time I am in I think I'll pick one up to give it a test drive and to have on hand.

I know I will want to pick up more when we have our trip to CA later this summer. Will make it so much easier and less bulky than putting Evie's snacks in plastic containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment