Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baby Girl Loves her Food!

Lately I have been getting into work before 7:30. This allows me to leave at 4 so I can pick up Evie, she can *help* make dinner (OK Watch). And we can all eat as a family together!

It is a lot of fun. She is eating what we are eating. She is staying up a little later since she is enjoying evenings more. And we are all eating healthier!

I am buying more organic, antibiotic free, nitrate free and hormone free products. Everything may not be hormone free or organic, but I am trying. It is expensive to eat all hormone free. I keep to the dirty dozen, plus a few extras since they grow in the ground. With all the kids with attention disorders and health issues, I want to keep as many chemicals, hormones, etc away from Evie, and us too!

Last night was particularly yummy.
We bbq chicken (marinated in a little bbq sauce and a little diet coke** over night).
Sliced organic potatoes in foil, lots of fresh garlic, olive oil, ground pepper, sea salt, and cumin cooked on the grill (YUM!).
Organic Carrot Coins (these were so yummy, and was great since the small ones I didnt' have to cut up more for Evie, gave them straight to her). Next time will use more paprika and double the batch! A little left for Eve! I wanted more!

**yes I still drink diet coke. I just cannot handle the sugar in real soda. We don't have much of it so in my mind it is ok.

So I am expanding our meals and having a lot of fun! Not sure what is for dinner tonight.... Need to go grocery shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment