Thursday, June 2, 2011

Moo...Moo..

Yesterday I got a few emails from the baby sites how Evie is 42 weeks old!

52 weeks a year - 42 weeks old. We have 10 weeks till she is 1 year old!

So where I am going with this... PUMPING!

10 more weeks of pumping! I pump while working (5 days a week), 2 times a day.
So that makes 100 pumping sessions left.
Sometimes I add in a pumping before bed. Sometimes I pump on the weekend mornings.

The past week I have not since she has been sick and nursing more. Kinda like this. Also since I was with her for 4 days straight, I didn't pump once. You know that was AMAZING. Now I do enjoy pumping. I enjoy the break from work. The book I read. But it is a chore. So over it.

Yes I do have a decent stash in our freezer. I was pumping in the am on weekends and around 9 every night. But I think I may cut those out.Those helped me make the cut of her bottles during the week. I like making enough each day for Evie. But I am tired of the pump. I kept telling myself I would keep the evening pumping till she was 10 months old. I have not done the evening pumping in a week (mostly because she is waking up in pain from a sour throat and it helps soothe her, so I have been nursing her early evening after she goes to bed). I am not pumping tonight in case she wakes up. Now I am going to 'cry it out' this wake up next week if she continues and is no longer sick. But she needs it to feel better (at least that is what I am telling myself).  So I guess what I am saying, well convincing myself, is that I may be done with the evening pumping session. Yes I am done with the evening pumping too!

I feel like I am so close to the finish line of pumping!. Will transition to cows milk at a year but keep the morning / evening nursing sessions. I may keep the first pumping at work to give her a little more breastmilk.Ehh I don't know. Will cross that bridge when it comes to it.

So pretty much 100 pumping sessions to go! Maybe a few more in there, but not many. Kind of nice to have a number left.

No comments:

Post a Comment