Monday, May 17, 2010

Car Searching

So yesterday we decided to start looking for a new car - well a replacement car for my Mitsubishi Lancer - which has front air bags and that is about it for safety features. We are also looking for more of a family friendly car...

We started off the day looking at Nissan, specifically the Nissan Rogue. I thought it drove well and really enjoyed the seats. It is odd adjusting to a higher up car as well as an automatic. I am not a fan of where the emergency brake is (on the floor). I always forget these types of e-brakes. Every time I drive a car with one I drive for a few miles with it on. Will take adjustment I bet. The dealership was the typical dealership - talking with manager and seeing what they can do. We left since we are just beginning our search for a family car. They did the whole line "What is holding you back of getting this car today... made me giggle.



We then went to Subaru to test drive the subaru outback and the subaru imprezza 5 door. We love the handling and the space of the outback. But the head rests are so uncomfortable! I think it will take some playing with to get it comfy, and getting used to. But this car was fun to drive, and felt like a sedan, not like a bigger suv. The dealership was no hassle and no pressure. Completely felt comfortable there. They are the number 1 subaru dealership in New England. The way they negotiate is to show you the invoice of what they paid and show you the window sticker and ask to give them a few hundred and you are on your way. The guy was really honest with us - Said that the end of the month you can get the best deals since they are trying to reach quota and after quota they get a bonus for each car!

We told Nissian about my car as a possible trade in. Ooops. Everywhere I read says you don't do that till after negotiations of the car are done. With the trade in of my car, it looks like the Rogue would be about 18K...not bad not bad. Now need to continue that negotiation and need to start negotiating with subaru. Really seeing what we can get for our money.

Need to make a pro con list of each car...

But today driving my car into work, a 2002 Mitsubishi lancer, I started to think how much I will miss driving that car. It is such a fun little car to drive! I have had this car for 6 years! And has treated me well. It has very low mileage (70,000) and is a good car. Definitely a fantastic car for a teenager or someone in college. Just not going to work as a family car. It is just that I have gotten attached to it.... We are going to start cleaning it out tonight. **sniff**sniff** And we will vacuum and clean it so that it looks its best!

Going to be so odd transitioning from standard to automatic. But with a baby in the back seat, I don't want to worry about shifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment