Monday, April 1, 2013

34 weeks!

How Far Along:
34 weeks

How Big is Baby and what Baby is up to (baby center copy and paste):
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Weight Gain:
20 pounds. Ehh. But doctor says it is looking good.

Best Moment of the Week:
hmm. Not pregnancy related, but Easter with Evie!


Movement:

So So So much! Really constantly pushing against things. Dancing. Punching my cervix and bladder. But this kid is low so not much going on in my ribs yet. I'll take that.

Belly Button:

Innie still :)

What I miss:

Sleeping all night (yep I remember this won't happen for a good year). Not being sick. Talked to my doctor today and she said, yep colds last forever in pregnancy and you continue to catch a different one constantly. lovely. Bending over easily, have not been able to do this for a few weeks.

How I am feeling:

Yep I get to complain.
1. I hate how long colds are lasting and how easily I am catching things. I have always gotten colds easily, and feel like I have something all winter, but this year just sucks. At least *knock on wood* we have not had the stomach bug go through the house.
2. This has to do with #1, and is very embarrassing. Incontinence when coughing sucks. yes I do a lot of kegles (should do more), just not what it was like down there.
3. Night Sweats. They have started. Not every night, but hate waking up in the middle of the night drenched. Lovely. 
4. Waking up in the middle of the night to pee 3-6 times a night. Wonderful, especially when combined with night sweats. Means I get so much uninterrupted sleep. Thank you Evie for sleeping well lately.
5. Back pain. Yep have woken up a few times at night and my lower back is killing me. Doesn't help that a few nights ago while rolling from my left side to my right side  that I pulled a muscle in my top mid left side. Hurt so bad this weekend while out at Target that I had to cut the trip short and came home and had to lay on the couch with a pillow under it to put pressure on it. 
6. Heartburn SUCKS. I take 2 Zantac 75 a day (one in morning one at night). And now at night, I wake up with heartburn. ugh. So much worse than it was with Evie, at least I have not threw up due to heartburn
7. Gag reflex. Yep it is lovely. Have thrown up due to brushing my teeth/tongue. Have thrown up due to coughing too hard. It is great. At least I didn't have morning sickness and this does not happen too often.

Cravings/Aversions:

Pizza. But satisfied that so not much right now. 

What I am looking forward to:

Just wondering when this kid will makes its appearance. I know that it is still early, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Doctor's Appointment Update:
Had my 34 week appointment today. Went well. Blood pressure was a little high, but is attributed to me waking up with a head cold and full stuffyness. I have my Group B Strep test in 2 weeks, so wondering if I am dialated at all, since the doctor will be in there so might as well check :) Kid is head down, but I have know that for a few weeks since I felt hands low and kicks high. She says that this one should not have to be induced, but I'm not putting my money on it. (I think it is better to prepare for the worst but expect the best). I made all my appointments for the rest of this pregnancy. Wow. 

And pictures!

34 weeks with this dude:

34 weeks with Evie:



No comments:

Post a Comment