Monday, March 22, 2010

Luna Agility Update

So Monday is agility class for Luna! We have done one intro to agility 6 week class and are repeating it again. She is a sensitive puppy, and has come a long way in the first six weeks.

Today was week 2 of the repeat class. She is doing great. I need to work on the finger touch with her so that I can keep her on me and her not wander as much as she wants to. Today, she did the dog walk pretty well, has been 2 weeks since she has done it. And she remembered! This dog also LOOOOVES tunnels! They make her so happy! She also loves the A-Frame!

Today we were also working on weave poles! She is getting it! At first she wouldn't go near them and wouldn't even go around them. And I slowly made them narrow, and she went through!!! Such a big step for Luna! We also worked on jumps. She has a tendency to hesitate before a jump, but she jumps so well.

It is so hard to train two dogs at the same time. For Penny who is more advanced, I get used to not speaking and knowing what she will do. For Luna I need to learn to talk more and take things more slowly with her. But I am doing good at throwing parties for Luna when she does well.

She does love agility! She gets a smile on her face during class. Such a good thing for her to build up her confidence and use her brain!

OK time to feed the dogs. Its 8pm and I bet they are starving, or at least Penny is...surprise there..haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment