Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dairy....

I have not really had/enjoyed dairy for 7 months. About a few weeks into breastfeeding Evie, I noticed she was fussier and had skin issues every time I had real dairy. So I cut most of it from my diet and she was happier and her skin was not as broken out, dry, etc

Since then I have a little here, a little there. Like a little parm on pasta, or a small amount of cheddar in a taco. But nothing much.

Once and a while I did cheat and have something tasty. And Evie paid for it. So feeling bad, still doing the non dairy thing.

This sucks. You do not realize how many things out there have dairy in them until you cannot have them. Going to lunch, I really have to search the menu for something non dairy. Everything seems to have some sort of cheese in it.

But I have found some great non dairy treats. coconut milk ice cream bars...to die for! Almond Milk..omg (but I am taking a break to see if this caused Evie's diaper rash issues). Have learned to live without cheese for the most part. This local pizza place makes a fantastic non cheese pizza (even though I know/am pretty sure it has butter on the crust).

But I am sick of it. Recently tried some dairy, then Evie had diaper rash issues. Could be related to the new foods she consumed. Could be related to her diapers needed to be stripped. Could be related to she just needed to air out her bum. Whole different post and will update soon about that. So I am back to the no dairy thing.

I will try dairy again when she is 9 months (1.5 months!). I don't think it is a lactose thing. I think it is a dairy cow protein thing.

Just sometimes I want a large glass of cold milk (Drinking it throughout my pregnancy with Evie got me liking it and sometimes still want some), some ice cream, a grilled cheese sandwich, some cheesy pizza. But nope. Evie being happy and on breast milk is so much more important than me having dairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment