Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent

Today is Ash Wednesday. I was supposed to go to Mass with Evie this morning, but we could just not get out the door in time. The plan is to leave work a little early so I can grab her from day care, feed her dinner and go to the 5:30 mass (hopefully Nick will be able to join!).

It was so much easier when I was in catholic school to go to holy day masses. Well for one I had little responsibilities. And two, they planned the school schedule around mass. Going before or after work is hard, especially with a baby. The 5:30 mass will be interesting. Her tired time of day. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Now the question is, do they do ashes on babies foreheads?

So during lent I have decided what I am giving up. My computer usage in the evenings. No facebook game playing. No looking at facebook or message boards. What I will let myself do is upload pictures and post on facebook and my photo blog to share with family across the country.

I am giving up meat today, and Fridays during lent. But I am not fasting. I really cannot fast while nursing. I really need to keep my calories up so I can produce enough milk for Evie. Especially since I am producing just enough and I really do not want that to dip. According to Catholic doctrine I don't have to fast or give up meat.

Oh and Nick is with me on giving up meat on Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment