Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where to Eat...

"So I was in the bathroom this morning, eating an awesome fried egg sandwich and...What? You think there's something wrong with eating in the bathroom? Did that gross you out? Then why do people suggest breastfeeding mothers feed their babies in the bathroom? If you're a fan of parents and babies rights, put this up as your status."

This is a line going around facebook. I love it. When I first read it my first reaction was.... gross why are you eating in the bathroom.... until I finished reading the update.


But it is true. As you all probably know, I am 1000000% for breastfeeding. I love it. Evie loves it. We have learned to do it discreatly out in public, most of the time. If I am around people that I don't think are comfortable with it, I do use my nursing cover. But, I would prefer not to. I still use it and will continue to use it since my dad or inlaws don't want the possibility of seeing that.


I have learned how to breastfeed without anything showing. Ahh the wonders of layering a tank under any shirt!


I have not gone out much when Evie is starving. Usually it is Mom's Group that I nurse her in in public. I learned how to do it gracefully (as if I could ever use that word...I am anything but gracefull). 


So I guess the point of this post is pretty much to say.....


People should be allowed to nurse their children where they want. As long as they do it subtly. Like no whipping out your boob for a minute while you posistion your baby. If you are getting the hang of it, a nursing cover helps. Practice at home and get used to doing it out in public without much showing. I am all for anyone should do it how they want to and educate everyone around, but can do it without a full on boobs would be preferable for most (but I do want one of those boob hats for Evie one day!). I don't care if someone whips their boob out, but I know there are people out there that would be uncomfortable. But a few seconds of it out, ehh who cares. It is anatomy and it is a feeding device! 



And on that topic, I love being to go out, not have to worry about bringing enough formula/bottles. Not lugging extra things around. Not having to warm anything up. Not having to worry about bubbles in formula I shake. Just to be able to feed my daugher so easily, and satisfy that hunger so quickly (thought she wants me to feed her quicker....she loves her food).

I would never give up breastfeeding. I so love it! Love looking down at her big eyes (whos color change daily). Her looking up at me. Stroking my hair. Playing with my shirt. Moments I will never forget. 

I want to get a good picture of Evie and I nursing. Just not sure where. I have taken some with my cell phone, but not sharable. It is just something I love to do and something we both share that I would love a good picture of it to always remember. One of my online friends has a fantastic picture of her nursing he daughter out on a hike. Nothing but nature around, but her sitting on a rock (I think) nursing. Just something so perfect about that. I want a picture like that too. One to look back on and be proud, happy, full of joy.

Starting to go of on a tangent now so  I am going to stop.

Just my 2 cents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment