Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I am so lucky!

Really. I am so lucky!

Nick has been awesome lately. Yep I am praising my husband here!

I get home around 5 with Evie. Feed her dinner. Give her a bath (now a daily occurrence with baking soda). Evie bum naked time. Get her ready for bed. And down for bed at 7ish. Nick gets home around 6ish. So I don't have much time to cook lately if we want to eat at a decent hour.

He has been helping me so much! Usually when nursing Evie right before bed, and getting her ready for bed, he has been making dinner! I know the guy who knew how to warm up a hotdog and make mac and cheese is actually starting to learn how to cook! Not complicated stuff, but still real meals!

Like last night. I showered after Evie went down since it is easier to squeeze in a shower at night than in the mornings. Nick started dinner. Chicken Sausages, Asparagus, and Baked Beans! Was a tasty and satisfying meal.

Yes I still get to cook. Usually on the weekends. I try to make a few extra things to use during the week or put in our deep freezer. I still get things together to put in the crock pot (usually weekly).

But it has been so helpful that he has been helping with dinner! I really do appreciate it. (He also washes my pump parts in the evenings!). Definitely helps make the evenings a little smoother and a little healthier than warming something up quickly (though they are still quick meals and not always healthy).

I am trying to get him to make Jambalaya on Friday, since we are expecting 6inches to a foot of snow. Sounds like something good for a snowy day! Yes this guy makes a damn good Jumbalaya! mmm mouth watering for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment