Monday, February 6, 2012

Back on the Work Out Wagon

Yep I am. After a month + of sicknesses, lazyness, holdiays, etc. I am back working out!

Thursday and Friday of last week I went to the gym at work. One of the reasons I had not gone to the gym during the work week was that I just did not find the time to go. Since I leave earlier now, going at 2 just did not work (get back to my desk at 3 and then leave at 4, yeah like I'll get work done then). So I finally realized that the perfect time to go is at 10:30, before lunch. What is great about this is that since I just worked out, I am more likely to get a salad for lunch than something tasty (fresh pizza, special yummyness). A win-win!

One funny about the gym. The butterfly presses have always been hard for me. I tried the machine and the first weight was actually easy. I guess carrying a 20+ lb kid around has built muscle mass.

I also started tracking what I eat on myfitnesspal.com again (and using their app for my phone, gotta love that barcoad scanner!). I didn't track this weekend, but have made it a priority to eat veggies instead of other foods.  Last night was bad since we went to a super bowl party.... but I did not pig out.

I also worked out hard at stroller strides on saturday. My legs are still sore. But I didn't let that stop me from going to the indoor playground with evie (and climbing up 2 stories with her over and over again to do the big kid slide). We had so much fun!

Today, I am going to the gym again. Also tonight I am going to a dance workout class (like Zumba I assume, but not). Excited about it.

Yes I am weighing myself. Was not happy when I saw the scale on Saturday night (yeah why am I weighing myself at nighttime?). It was 175 (boo). So 25lb to where I would love to be, 15lbs to where I would be happy. Not too bad. But at least when I went to the doctor in October, they said I had not gained any weight in a year, I got congratulated on that since most people gradually move up, but not where I want to be.

Need to get my balance ball out of the basement and start using it at night for some extra toning.

No comments:

Post a Comment