Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dancing For Birth, Fun, and Fitness Class

Last night at my favorite local baby boutique, I attended a belly dancing class! Well it has some belly dancing, african dancing, hula, and club dancing. We got to wear the skirts that have coins on them to make noise and got to play with scarves!

The class was a lot of fun. And I could see it being a decent different work out once I know the moves and are not thinking too much. It was also nice to get out of the house, get some good laughs in, and socialize with some girls without a kid around!

I did sweat some, and know I will sweat more as I get more comfortable in the class. Got some good muscle burn and cramping during it too!

This class is not just for pregnant women (it used to be called dancing for birth) but for everyone! 3 of us were not pregnant and the other 3 were (all good into their second or third trimester). And the very pregnant women reminding me of the ickyness of the last month of pregnancy is holding off any baby fever for a bit (hello night time charlie horses).

I am going to go again next week! I think I'll try to make this a regular monday class. And as they were showing, it is a good workout once you know the moves! This is so a class I will attend whenever I am pregnant again too, whenever that will be, which I have no clue.

The only sorta sucky part of it is that I don't get home till 8:45. Then dinner, cleanup. Nick was awesome and cleaned the kitchen and got together Evie's lunch! Just will have to prepare more so I don't stay up till 10:30 like last night (a good 1 hour past my bedtime :) ).  But next week after class we are all going out for a drink and a snack to continue the conversations!

1 comment: