Monday, September 20, 2010

Busy Weekend!

We had a great weekend!

Saturday we all went to the glendi (greek festival). Was a lot of fun! We met up with some people there. I do not know the greek names for things, and I soooo cannot pronounce them. I should since I married a 1/2 greek. But we started off with some yummy fried dough balls covered in maple syrup, and dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon and sugar. YUM! We went to the dinner tent. It was early, so we ate around 2pm, but this place gets packed and you can wait in line for over an hour or more the closer it gets to dinner time. Nick had a lamb shank, which he said was fantastic and fall off the bone. I got stuffed grape leaves and greek meatballs. The stuffed grape leaves were not as good as one of Nick's cousin makes. I need to start to make these since they are my favorite. This year they had a beer tent. So we were able to eat with a greek beer! They are also getting bigger and bigger. This year they had carnival rides there - kiddy roller coasters, bumper cars, etc! Evie will so love it once she is older! We ended the glendi with a trip to get greek pastries! YUM! If I knew a greek pastry store that was near by that would be a BAD thing!

Afterwards we stopped by Nick's grandparents home (on his dad's side). His cousin and girlfriend were there making apple pies. I so want to make an apple pie now! YiaYia just sat and held and talked to Evie. Was so cute!


Isn't her outfit cute! Neighbors down the street gave it to us!

Sunday we met with my aunt, uncle, and cousins in Mass. We went to Appleton fair for their family fun day. Was great to see everyone. Evie and I tried to nurse in public and it didn't work well. I was uncomfortable. Today we went and picked up a nursing cover to make it easier next time. Evie was great out! Wish we would have gotten more pictures. Would have loved to get one of her on top of a HUGE pumpkin. Need to learn pictures are the best thing ever. But here is one of her outfit while she was chilling in the stroller/car seat.


Have to say I was tired after all this. We just chilled at home afterwards and I fell asleep before 10.

OH and last night Evie slept during the night for 5.5 hours!!!!!! Was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment