Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First Day of Work and Day Care

Today was my first day back at work and Evie's first full day of day care. She is 7 weeks old today!

Monday she had a 1/2 day of day care, while I got a pedicure and did some shopping (got her some outfits!). That day went well. Was easier to drop her off then since it was a shorter time and I was out doing things, it was more like dropping her off at a baby sitter while I had a date with myself.

Tuesday, we cuddled and watched movies. Was wonderful spending a full day as Evie and Me.

Today I went back to work. Boo. Woke between 6 and 6:30. Moved Evie to her in her crib while I got dressed, took dogs out, fed animals, made lunch. Woke her up at 7:20 to eat. Got her changed. We got out the door at 8:20ish. Not bad. Not bad.

I got teary on the way to day care. Really enjoyed spending time with Evie and could not believe it was finished. Why does the US have horrible maternity leave policies? Work doesn't cover anything. Thank god for short term disability. But really the us maternity leave is pathetic.

Anyways, brought her inside and the woman I like (almost all the women in the 6 week - 6 month room are like grandmas) was there and I handed her off. She started rocking Evie. I updated her chart, dropped off her stuff and headed out the door. I so wanted to stay there with her!

I am happy that we live so close to work and day care. Don't have to waste much time in the car! I think that helps.

Pumping at work went well (got 7ish ounces in one pumping). I am pumping in an office that isn't occupied. Works well. Going to get a key to that office to make it easier.

Left work at 3. Came home and did my second pumping (8 ounces). Headed to Babies R Us to get another set of pump parts so I don't have to clean my pump while at work. Also got more bottles since I know we will need more and I don't want to wash all the time.

THEN I WENT TO PICK UP EVELYN!!!! Oh that was the highlight of my day! So happy to have her in my arms! Came home and cuddled, talked to her, and loved her! Really makes me appreciate my time with her. She got a bath tonight and was in such a happy mood. This girl loves baths!

LOVE MY LITTLE EVELYN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment