Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quick Update

Evie has been doing good. She is on some gas drops that are helping so much! She does still get gassy, but bouncing, rocking, walking around help a lot.

We have realized that outings make the days so much nicer and help with my sanity! We have been to Target twice, mall once (with Nick), the post office.

Yesterday we visited work. We were on our way to the mall after we stopped by the post office. But I was on auto pilot and drove away from the mall. Realized I was going the wrong way, and was taking the bridge across the river near work. Nick had bee wanting me to stop by work to say hi to everyone - so we decided to stop by. It was a long visit (2 hours), but we made our rounds and everyone got to see her! She did great, slept the whole time. Got home in time for her next feeding.

Today we went to Target (she slept). Later in the day, Nick and I went to the grocery store. She was awake for a lot of it, then towards the end she started fussing and crying. So we went to the car. The second we got outside she stopped crying. At least Nick was able to finish grocery shopping.

Breastfeeding is going well, well with the shield. Need to make a follow up appointment with our lactation consultant. I am no longer supplementing during the day. Sometimes we supplement at night. Nick does one feeding (around 2am) with pumped breast milk while I sleep through it.

Last night, he stayed up late and fed her her 5am feeding. Yep, I missed two feedings. My boobs were killing me from being engorged when I woke up. Never ever missing two feedings in a row without pumping! They feel fine now. But lesson learned!

I am also not pumping after every feeding. Usually once in the morning, and either once or twice at night. I need to work on cleaning out the freezer to make room for breast milk! Excited to build up a freezer stash.

I think we may have to get a deep freezer at some point soon. Especially if we end up getting a subscription to Costco/SamsClub/BJs. Our freezer with our fridge gets filled up so quickly. Or maybe just a fridge for the basement to keep extra drinks cold and to use the freezer.

Evie has a pediatrician appointment on Friday! Will post and let everyone know how she is! Cannot wait to see how much she weighs!

Love my little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment