Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter!


So we hosted easter on Sunday. It was a fun and awesome day. Could not believe how good the weather turned out. But every year we do this, I am embarrassed by our back yard. So much needs to be done to make it pretty. And just don't have the time, money, energy for it right now. May just throw some seed down and see what grows (after filling the holes the dogs love to dig).

Anyways, we had 15 people over. It was a blast! This year I was no where close as stressed - did a lot better job planning and getting things done early! Made my life so much easier!

So we roast a lamb on a spit in our back yard...Yep. Nick's Greek family :). To tell you the truth it makes me sad. I don't eat lamb anymore. I don't want to eat baby animals. Also I find it to be really fatty. I used to eat it, but can't do it anymore. So I also made a ham.

The food turned out wonderful! Thank you everyone for bringing yummy food and desserts!

One thing I would love to do in the future - as long as it is a nice day - if we ever get our backyard pretty. Would be to have it outside under tents. Would be so much fun... maybe one day.

The guys love roasting the lamb. They hang out, drink beers, smoke cigars (well not all thank god). My cousin Molly is so cute during this. She is out hanging out with the guys and the lamb licking her lips! From what I heard she was grabbing the first pieces off when they were carving it up!

Wish we would have taken more pictures. I did a really cute job decorating the tables. Oh well. But the tables were adorable! Used white table cloths and napkins. Used my great grandmother's china (love it!). I had sparkley eggs scattered throughout the tables (got at Target, my favorite store), also scattered spring colored rolos and hershey kisses. Also used many voltive candle holders with real candles too. Had some cute spring flowers on each table! Love decorating! Oh also this year, I decided to split the tables into 2 rooms. I think this worked out much better. People wern't as squished and was a lot easier to move around. Hope everyone else liked this too.

Next year, I hope we have the downstairs finished painted. Not sure how we are goign to do the tables since baby stuff will be all over. Will see if we host, but it is a lot of fun.

Oh and next year Easter and Greek Easter are different years! So we will get to celebrate twice - one down in Manchester MA with Deedle, Chubba, Molly, and Riley - and one here with everyone! Eeekk!!!! We will have a little one that will hunt for eggs...maybe..haha! What will the baby be....8 months. Oh so exciting!

Oh yes, I wanted to finish this off with a picture of the lamb on the spit. Trying to get more pictures from other people!


No comments:

Post a Comment