Thursday, August 5, 2010

40 weeks!

How Far Along: 40 weeks!!! Now I am overdue...
How Big is Baby: Around 7 - 7.5 lbs and 21.5 inches long
What is Baby up to: As long as she's in your belly, baby's hair and nails will continue to grow, and her lungs will keep developing. She's anywhere from 5 to 11 pounds and is getting ready for a slightly gooey introduction any day now. (Upon arrival, baby will probably be covered in blood, vernix caseosa, lanugo, and amniotic fluid.)
Total Weight Gain: +17 lbs.
Movement: Has slowed down. But get a lot of movement at night like always.
Belly Button:Almost flat. Top half is flat/pokes out when in the right posistion, bottom half is still an inny..sort of
What I Miss: Cold beer on a hot day
What I am Looking Forward To: Outside Baby! Induction next week!
Gender: No idea... Boy or Girl. Really no clue.

Yesterday was my due date (August 4th). So now I am officially overdue.

Other things that have happened this week. Yesterday the baby was not moving much. I had some sugar (a nice pile of starburst) and a yogurt. Waited an hour and still not much movement. A nudge here and a nudge there. Called my OB office and they had me come in.

The APRN listed to the heart beat (was 130) and did an internal. I was a 'good' 1cm and more effaced than I was on Monday. So more progress which makes me happy. Then I went to get a Non Stress Test. Very simple test. They strapped two things on my belly - one to measure the baby's heart beat and one to measure contractions. When on it the baby's heart beat was around 140. Was very sleepy and they kept moving it and poking it. Got some jumps in heart rate which is what they wanted. Still didn't move much (3 times total in 20 min, but most were small). But they were happy with what they saw. They said that I was contracting, but I wasn't feeling anything.

So the contractions just need to increase in intensity. Today I have had really bad cramping and my back has been killing me. Hopefully things will get going soon. If not I am getting induced next Wednesday I believe. So I will have the baby in a week!!! So want to go naturally, but I have a feeling that is not going to happen. She was saying should be a day or so before I go, but think that is true? Don't know.

So excited to meet this little one!

Friday is my last day of work. If the baby does not come on its own, i am taking 2-3 days vacation. Then 6 weeks short term disability. Then 1 week vacation. So I will be back at work beginning of October. Not a long maternity leave, but unfortunately all I can do. Maybe my doctor will say I need longer than 6 weeks (so doubt it).

Baby please come out! The world wants to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment