Tuesday, August 10, 2010

FAMILY!

I have really enjoyed having my parents visit. They have been awesome while I am hugely pregnant. My mom has made dinner every night. Sunday we had yummy steak tips that Nick and my dad picked up at the butcher. Last night she made tri tip brought from CA on the plane!

They have been helping so much around the house, actually outside.

Sunday morning they did a lot of cleaning outside, which I have not been able to do. My dad pulled a lot of vines off an area and OMG it looks so much better! Nick chopped down a small tree with a hatchet. I was watching from inside and should have gotten a video or pictures!

Yesterday we ran a lot of errands around the house. My dad is building a gate for the top of the deck for a toddler and for the dogs, so we went and got supplies. We ate lunch out at my favorite pizza place (they make neapolitan style pizza - wood fired - thin crust - minimal toppings - but oh so good).

Today they are working on the gate. But while doing this he didn't like how the deck stairs are (they are about 60 years old) and he is reinforcing a lot of them and replacing some of the boards. Giving us about 4 years more left of this deck before we have to replace it.

It is so nice having them around! Even tho they are not used to this heat and humidity. Katie is laughing at them since she is in southern Illinois and her fiance's family is in Tenessee. So she gets insane heat and humidity.

But been awesome! Just wish baby was here by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment