Monday, August 2, 2010

First Cervix check, and membranes stripped

Today I had my 39 week OB appointment. Same 'ole same 'ole. She asked if I wanted my cervix checked - of course I did! I am 1 cm and 60% effaced and VERY soft. So progress. No where near where I wanted to be. But it is progress.

I asked for my membranes to be stripped (between the uterus wall and the bag of waters). It wasn't that bad. Just a little crampy but nothing major. I had a decent amount of blood after, but that has stopped. Some cramps and some contractions afterwards, but nothing big. Hope this helps get something going, but I am not holding my breath.

But next Monday I will get a pill and will go in for an induction I believe on Wednesday or Thursday. At least there is an end in sight, but not early enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment