Monday, August 8, 2011

Moo Cow

Officially, starting today, I am starting to wean form pumping at work.

I think I am going to drop the afternoon pumping session all week. So only pump in the morning! As Evelyn starts to understand mornings she needs to nurse off both sides, I will drop the morning pumping session. So hopefully next week I will be done pumping at work.

It is sad since it means she is no longer a baby. But at the same time, she isn't having as much mommy milk at day care as she used to. Went down from 3 bottles to 2 bottles. And not as much milk as she used to. Starting to want more and more real food and this girl is a fan of water in her sippys. And over the weekend she would only nurse 3-4 times a day. So yep she is starting the weaning process.

I am happy to not have to watch the afternoon clock. I never got much in the afternoon anyways (2-3 oz). I think my body will quickly adjust to the no afternoon pumping.

It is a sad day. Even though pumping is annoying, I did enjoy doing it for evie. The competitiveness in me was like hell yeah when I had a good pumping session. But it will be nice to not have to worry about what I pump and to not have to watch the clock and think "oh not enough time to get into this" at work. This also means I will be able to replace a pumping session with a work out session!

No comments:

Post a Comment