Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cloth Diapering

ok, we LOVE cloth diapering! We love our bum genius 4.0 one size pocket diapers. They are pretty much our whole stash. We have also started to use cloth wipes. We found it a hassle to throw the wipes away separately. We are using the circo wash cloths from Target. They are working well and make it so much easier.

Washing the diapers are so easy! Love our washing machine. It has a setting for pre wash, and extra rinse. I use the sanitize cycle (with steam), with a pre wash, extra rinse, then do one more rinse/spin after it is done. The diapers come out clean and don't smell. Just takes about 3-4 hours to wash total. Our washing machine does take a while....

Using the pocket diapers are wonderful. So similar to disposables since we just grab one and put the dirty one in a wet bag/diaper pail (we have two changing setups, one in her room upstairs and one on the pack n play downstairs). I just sit in front of the TV in the evening once Evie is sleeping and just stuff the diapers. Simple.

Need to buy more diapers. We have snaps right now but I want to get some hook and loop (velcro like) for the early morning changes when I cannot function enough for that many snaps. I also think day care - if I can convince them - will prefer the hook and loop.

I also need to get a wet bag for the diaper bag (currently using a plastic bag...). And I think I will get another diaper pail liner so I have a set up ready when I am washing.

And the night time diapers are working well. We use a pocket diaper and double stuff with a hemp insert. Haven't had any issues yet (knock on wood).


No comments:

Post a Comment