Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not Fair

Just a small not fair post

I hate that when I drop Evie off in the morning, she is wide awake, so happy, so aware. I want to spend that time with her, not the people at day care! In the evenings she is tired, cranky. I want my happy morning baby! And it makes it so hard to leave when she is that happy, awake, wanting attention. WAH!!!!

And I am so envious of people who get to take off so long for maternity leave. My work sucks in that they have nothing for maternity leave. Thank god for short term disability. And yes it was my choice to start a family before we had enough saved up for me to take extra time off. And so worth it. Would not change anything. Love my life. But just wish work would have given me some extra time off paid. Like they give guys one week paid off for paternity leave, and nothing for women! BS!

And another thing about work since I am griping. I hate my salary. It is only OK. DH gets paid over 10K more than me, and gets over 3K more in his Christmas bonus, so probably 15+K more a year! And we do the same amount of work. Technically I am in charge of him. But nope. I get paid less. He says it is because he worked with someone who knew the company owner so he had more pull. But giving my percentages of raises (what they say is the maximum they can do) and his few extra years of experience, I would be no where close to what he gets paid. Yes I do like working here, but just some things make me reconsider it.

But work works so well with family life. I don't have set hours, just have to get my job done mostly. I can leave for doctors appointments, leave early for kid, etc. Love that aspect. And I love what I do. I love the people I work with. I am really happy here. I don't want to change anything but salary. Especially since raises have been nothing for the past 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment