Monday, October 18, 2010

What a Great 28th Birthday!

Yesterday was my 28th birthday. It was a FANTASTIC birthday! One of the best I have ever had. I think a lot of that has to do with having the cutest baby in the world! Last year I remember wishing for her!

The day started off well. Evie let me sleep in until 8am! We cuddled on the couch. I had a few cups of nice hot coffee. Nick woke up and we got ready for apple picking! We went to one of my favorite apple orchard around here.

It was only a 30 minute drive. And the fall colors were fantastic driving up there. We pulled to the little store, got some fresh apple cider donuts. Small hot crunchy bites of donut goodness.

Went up to pick apples. Got a 1/2 bushel bag. Nick took a great picture of Evie and I. Love this picture. I consider it one of my birthday gifts.

Put Evie in the Ergo and started apple picking! She loves being in it and slept the whole time.

We were there for the Red Northern Spys. One of the best eating and cooking apple I have had. 3 years ago they were fantastic and we fell in love with this apple. Last year they were not good. This year we did find some, but I think the apple season was early and all the good big apples were gone. It was good though - we were able to almost fill our bag. Nick had fun pulling apples high up with a stick...



gorgeous views from this orchard:
Most of the trees were bare. This was the last day of pick your own apples. Next weekend we are going to try to go earlier.

A lot of the trees have these red apple looking traps for bugs. Yeah you don't want to know how many times we thought we saw a great red apple, and got close and nope - bug trap!

After we were done, got back to the car, fed and changed Evie and went back to the store. Got Evie the CUTEST handmade apple hat! She will wear this for the next 2 months! Also picked up some apple cider syrup. The plan is to make some pancakes or waffles this weekend and enjoy it with the cinnamon apple cider syrup (a combination of maple syrup and boiled down apple cider)! I was a little disappointed that they were out of apple cider... It was the end of the day and they were very busy...

Some more fall colors pictures:




Came home and relaxed, a little cleaning and cuddling with Evie. We met up with Nick's parents for a fantastic dinner at a local bbq joint. Everyone seemed to enjoy what they got. Evie got a little fussy (but it is her fussy time) and I ate while holding her. No biggie, I have gotten used to that by now. And of course, everyone was so full after BBQ. I had one of my favorites - pulled pork. And of course when you have pulled pork you MUST have it with cole slaw! Oh I love that combination! And I enjoyed my local beer!

Came home for CAKE! I picked out this cake and got it on Saturday at a local bakery. There is another bakery that we think is tastier, but this one does better decorations. So fitting for me since I LOVE HALLOWEEN! I set the table with my halloween placemats too....



OH and Nick gave me such a good present - one I did ask for... Ugg slippers!! I needed some new ones so badly and these are so comfortable! And the best present he gave, 5 hours of cleaning the house on Saturday!

And the night ended perfectly...a bubble bath with jets and a glass of champagne!

Was such a good birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment