Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Craft - Evie Snowman Ornament


I wanted to share a Christmas craft Evie and I did. I google searched a few months ago about Christmas crafts that a baby can do. Then I found someone on a board I am on who did this last year with her nephew. So I had to do it!




It was hard with little baby hands. But we did this right after a nap and right after she ate. So she was an awake, full, and non cranky baby. We had her in her bumbo (on the large counter top). Nick was holding her to make sure she didn't move or fall or anything. He held her arm so it wouldn't touch anything. I quickly painted her hand and put it on the ornaments. Then put the ornament gently in an egg carton to dry and grabbed the next one.

I wish I used shatterproof ornaments but I could not find them. I will try to find for next year.

We made many of them. 2 for us (one as a backup/storage). 1 for my parents. 1 for Nick's parents. 1 for Katie (Evie's grandmother). 1 for Andy (Evie's grandfather...who if you are reading this which I doubt you do, please disregard this). We have a few extra that I am figuring out who to give to.

Some the thumb didn't' turn out so it is a 4 snowman ornament (seen below).



I added some silver snowflakes to it and added her name, age, and year to the back.

And the finished project, hanging on the tree. Absolutely love it. It is by far my favorite on the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment