Wednesday, December 22, 2010

step back in de swaddling

Putting Evie to bed these past 2 nights have been torture. She gets so tired, since she is awake more at day care. She is all of a sudden so much more active. So that means she is almost out at 6 to 6:30. I like her to go to bed at 7 so we get some play time in with her.

But the past few nights she is EXHAUSTED. I nurse her around 6 to 6:30. She may fall asleep in my arms. When we move her to bed, she is screaming! Her "I'm soooooooooooooo tired" scream. To help her settle down, swaddling was the only thing that worked. And since I wanted to make sure she slept, it was a full swaddle, all the way up.

I think tonight we will try to get her ready at 6:30 and not put it off with her downstairs with us. Makes me sad not being able to spend time with her, but she needs it.

She hasn't been napping much at day care. But this could be normal for her age. I don't know. But she has 2 naps. One almost an hour (usually 45 min) and one that is an hour to an hour and a half. She could be like her mommy who doesn't nap well.

But these past 2 nights sleeping swaddled. She sleeps Well! I feed her around 10pm and she is down for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment