Thursday, December 16, 2010

Starting to break the Swaddle

It is time to stop swaddling Evie. She is 4 months old. Loves to move around. Starting to roll and move onto her side. And she breaks out easily if it is not tight enough.

To gradually do this, we are swaddling her lower and lower. Right now about 1/2 of her arms are de swaddled. This means that she does break out of it, at least one arm.

Last night she did break out of it, but instead of re swaddling her, I decided to see where this goes. She did fine! WooHoo! I think she slept for 3-4 hours with one arm un swaddled!!!!

Depending on how adventurous I am feeling, I may swaddle with arms out on Friday night.

I would really like for her to sleep in a sleep sack. We learn so much in our sleep, that I want her to be able to move and her muscles practice and learn. And I want her to be able to sleep how she wants to sleep. If she is like her mommy, she will want to sleep on her side or stomach. If she wants to she can. I feel fine about it. She holds her head up well. Turns it well. So if she finds her way to her stomach while sleeping, she can do it! (Just means I have to change how I stuff her night time diapers)

No comments:

Post a Comment