Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dentist Appointment Update

This morning I had my 6 month dental cleaning and check up.

Proud to say that I don't have to go back till my next 6 month cleaning! WooHoo! My gums do bleed, but they said that hormones left over from pregnancy stick around and can still cause it. And nursing causes it. Lovely.

But I am doing good. Have one area they are watching (they have been watching it for a year now, so I hope nothing is going on).

I hate being poked and prodded in my mouth. And it is all sore now. Boo. But it is for the good.

I really need to start flossing more. Lately I am a 2-3 time a week flosser. Not horrible but not good. But flossing is a pain in the bum. Completely awkward. But healthy for my mouth so I need to do it more often.

I did ask and Evie needs to go to the dentist at 1 year. So call in 6ish months and make an appointment. WooHoo. The first appointment is mostly teaching the parents what to do. Real check ups start around 2 years. Need to take care of Evie's (non existing) teeth. I don't want to pay for braces! I am hoping she takes after me in that territory, I never had braces. I hope she takes after Nick who doesn't have many teeth problems.

Don't you love the feel of your teeth after a cleaning? The polish makes them so smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment