Thursday, December 30, 2010

Evie update

OK I have been slacking updating on her accomplishments!

So a few days ago, lets say Tuesday December 28. Evie was responding to her name! I would call it and she would whip her head around and look at me. Then I would say other things. Her head would start staring at something else. Then said her name again! And eye contact! Such a Big Girl!

Since Christmas Evie has not been sleeping well. It has SUCKED. Up every 1-3 hours. Closer to the 1-2 hour range. Restless sleeping. Always making noise. Ugh.

Called the pediatrician. She has some dry spots on her head and her back. They think she isn't sleeping well because she is dry and itchy. I have been moisturizing and putting baby oil on. But not enough. So they recommend Aquaphor (I actually picked some up the night before because my aunt recommended it). They also suggested a little bit of liquid benedryl (1/4 of a tsp, so about 1 mL).

She was lathered in aquaphor (head and back). Gave her some benedryl. She did not like the taste of that. Her face was hilarious! Well I don't blame her, cherry flavored medicine is DISCUSTING! Really should have gotten it on video. Someone on one of the boards I am on recommended using a sleep sack and zipping her arms in instead of putting them in the arm holes. Nick installed her black out shade.

And she slept so much better last night! WooHoo! Tonight trying no benedryl, I don't like medicating my baby. I think she is also having a wakeful period.

She did put one arm out the sleep sack arm hole. But she left her head be. She did wake up twice to eat. I think because she is so tired when she gets home she doesn't want to eat. But she loves waking up early. I really needed to sleep in. She would have loved to get up at 5:30 but no. Pacifier and Seahorse worked. We did get up at 6:30. Not bad.

I think I need to get a kid/baby dvd to put on while I am getting ready. I hate her watching TV, but to get ready for work, take care of animals, get pump and such together. I need her entertained. Any recommendations?

Also, my mom did get us an AWESOME christmas present for Evie! A doorway jumper. We have it set up in the area between the dining room and kitchen. Evie loves it. And it gives me somewhere to put her where she is entertained, watches me and the dogs while I do things in the kitchen! Love that thing! Thank You Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment