Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dogs and Chickens

I posted something about this on facebook a few weekends ago but never put it on here.

On halloween morning the dogs were going crazy because something was outside. Looked out the window, and there were TWO CHICKENS just wondering around, tormenting the dogs. They were only in our backyard for maybe 30 minutes in the morning. But that afternoon they were back!

We went out to the deck (have a gate so they can't go anywhere) and they were going NUTS! As you would expect a dog to behave with chickens invading their backyard....

I think Cleo sent the chickens to Penny and Luna. There were two chickens, one for each dog...

When I was in elementary school, living in the middle of California, we lived in a small town. We let Cleo (our family dalmatian) wonder the neighborhood sometimes with her buddy, Wallen, a springer spaniel. Katie and I were at school. I think I was in 3rd, 4th or 5th grade. Anyways, my mom was still at home getting ready. And Cleo was outside. She was out in the yard and Cleo came running with a chicken in her mouth! Feathers got all over the front yard from what I heard. Someone helped her get the chicken out of Cleo's mouth. I believe the chicken lived. But one hell of a prize for a dog.

The chicken came from one of our neighbors who had a chicken coop that was not very secure. Yes we should not have let her wonder the neighborhood, but we did and she rarely got in trouble (that is a whole 'nother post). But Cleo had such a happy and long life - 17 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment