Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Political - Election Results vent and putting my ideas out there

Yeah this is going to be one sided. I am a democrat. A very proud democrat. I am not a fan of the republican party for many reasons. I do research and choose the candidate I like, but they are usually democrat.

Sorry for those of you who don't agree with me. My blog so haha! I can't talk politics to many people since now I live in a Red state. I don't want to get into arguments, or get all pissed off. So skip this if you don't want to listen to a democrat who none of the people she voted for got elected.

I am just annoyed that people of this country did not understand how far of a hole we were in and it is going to take TIME a whole lot of precious time...its gonna take patience and time...to do it right! (ok love that song, George Harrison Got My Mind Set On You) and hey it fit with my thought!).

The Bush Administration dug us deep. He left as things were getting bad. People think Obama put us here, but he did not! He is trying to get us out of this pit of despair. It takes more than 2 years to recover an economy like ours. We are seeing improvements. It is just SLOOOWWWW.

And I just don't get republicans sometimes. They rarely cut anything but want to cut taxes. The money wants to come from somewhere. I live in a state with no income tax and no sales tax. So gas is taxed, we have a slightly higher property tax, registering cars is expensive, high meals and room tax. People don't understand money has to come from somewhere. Those who get upset of when someone says they want to increase taxes, WE DON'T GET TAXED BADLY! Don't complain!

I need to move back to CA, well for many reasons. But would be nice to live among those who have the same political views as me. Nick is really independent. He sees both sides and is somewhere in the middle. One of the reasons we can talk politics. But besides him, yeah its phone calls to my parents!

The main issues that turn me off of a political candidate:
  • Abortion - it is a woman's choice. Can we just leave it at that? No republicans have to bring religion into it with a soul starts at conception. You can be pro choice but believe in the life choice (which I do). Why do people have to be so anti choice.
  • Gay Marriage - Yeah another religion one. Let them have all rights anyone who is married have. Who cares about the sex of the couple! Let them live their life. If you are really worried about the whole word marriage - then say marriage is something that happens in a church and a civil union is what happens by a justice of the piece. But who cares, it is just a label. Let people be happy!
  • Medical "Obama care" as people all it - It is a step in the right direction! There are a LOT of good things in it! It isn't perfect. But it is better than what we had! Give it time, give it revisions! It is version 1 in beta, things will change and it will get better!
And after talking to some of the chat boards I belong to, there are some others that are more localized to states/counties/towns.

I am so happy how far legalizing of marijuana came in CA. It will be up again in 2 years! So much money is wasted on going after pot. Where it should be spent on the hard drugs that really play havoc on our country. It should be considered similar to Alcohol. it is healthier than tobacco. And it would bring in a small revenue. This you could tax hard! Sin taxes people! Just for the record, even if it was legal I would not use it.

Dry counties and towns. Just do not get it. People will drive to get alcohol. It is just stupid. Me living across the country, I found it stupid where certain places you could not buy alcohol before a time on Sunday or not on Sunday at all. OK people will plan accordingly. And Religion influencing government much??? I just don't get these stupid laws. Especially those where you can buy wine here, beer here, and have to go get liquor here. Why can't you get all in one place?

I guess I am all big government. I find it so confusing, especially living in new england where the states are so small and in a few hours you can drive through oh so many. It is hard to keep what laws are valid in what states. Especially driving ones. I really feel these should be nation wide laws (texting, cell phone, seat belts, etc). I go by all of them for safety (well except for talking on cell, yeah I am bad and do it a lot). But I just find it stupid. Make it all the same.

OK that is my small rant. I am stopping now because I could probably go on and on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment