Monday, November 8, 2010

Time Change

I love the fall time change. Love gaining that extra hour. But I don't see a reason for it. Yes it is for the farmers. But do they still need it? Does that hour really make a difference?

I believe it is just to complicate and confuse! Especially if I don't remember if Nick updated the clocks, and if some are updated and not all, I just get confused. At least my cell and the comcast box updates itself! And we don't have many clocks in the house - I cannot stand the ticking sound of a clock.

I was a little worried about how the time change would affect Evie. I was wondering how early I would be getting up and how long it would take for her to change her schedule. I have to say we did good.

Evie goes to bed around 8-9:30 depending on the night. We shoot for 9, but sometimes she is too tired or is wide awake/cranky/hungry.

Saturday she slept in until 8am! But more importantly I slept in! I could not believe it when I woke up. I was one happy girl that morning!

Saturday night she went to sleep early, around 8pm. The night of the time change, of course my baby girl wants to go to bed early. I kept thinking great - I'll be up soooo freaking early. But NOPE! She was liking her sleep. She woke up at 4am for a feeding. Then slept until 8:30am!!!! I got up before her, took dogs out, fed animals, made coffee. Then she started to stir. Wow. Just wow!

And this morning, she started to wake up at 6am. boo. But I was able to give her a pacifier and reposition her (she smushed herself at the bottom of her crib and couldn't stretch her legs). I was able to shower, take care of animals, get dressed, and then wake her up. I feel like she wanted to sleep more.

I think the dreary rainy mornings have helped her sleep longer. We need to get some curtains/blinds for her window...

No comments:

Post a Comment