Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...a few days late!

We did have a great Thanksgiving! And Evie had a great time!

This year I didn't make as much as I have other years. Made an apple pie (from apples we picked about a month ago, kept in fridge so they were still good), made a pumpkin pie, and made mashed potatoes.

Ok, I have to share a funny picture... When making the apple pie, I just put some slits in it like I usually do. I think when inserting a knife into it to check done-ness, I may have streatched the slits. This resulted in a very angry pie....


I don't have any pictures of the pumpkin pie. But it was mighty tasty.

We went to Nick's uncle's home for Thanksgiving. Was great to see everyone (even though I saw them all less than a week ago for Evie's baptism - post to come with pictures, just need to write it up and retake a few of Evie dressed up - didn't have time on the day). Had fun.

I never understood early Thanksgiving meals. Growing up we ate early, around 4 or 5. Mostly because we are not early eaters and never have big lunches or breakfasts so just didn't make sense. And I don't think we wanted to stress getting up uber early to have things ready early.

But this year I finally understood it! It was awesome to be home at 5:30 and have Evie in bed by her bedtime. Didn't screw with our schedule much. And yes that is worth it!

And another But, and a big one. I need to learn to eat when a holiday meal is early. I don't eat breakfast for a holiday since I usually don't have time since I am busy getting things together. And with a baby, even less time. And I don't like the usual breakfast foods - I hate eggs and don't do meat in the mornings. And right now I am trying not to have much dairy for Evie's sake. So not many breakfast foods to enjoy. Whatever. And I didn't eat lunch, because we ddin't have much, because I didn't want to clean anything up, and because I wanted to be able to eat something since if I had lunch I wouldn't eat anything at the linner. And that put me in a cranky mood and started to have a headache. So lesson learned and will try to eat earlier next year....

So some pictures of Thanksgiving!

Evie with her Papou! They were having fun playing together!

Evie and her YiaYia

All of Nick's cousins, spouses, and our daughter!

Picture of us! We wern't looking at the camera for this one, but it is the better of the 2 that were taken.

Some of Nick's cousins and Evie! Andy is on the left is Evie's godfather!

And my little miss and in her sweater dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment