Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy 3 Months Evie!

3 months already? How can that be? Time is just flying fast, especially now that I am working and you are going to day care....

I really miss my maternity leave with you. It was so much fun just to hang around each other, play, and soak everything in. But, life goes on.

Evie, this has been a great month for you! You are really growing in front of my eyes! Each day I can see your brain working and you discovering new things!

Each and every morning you greet me with the biggest smile. It just makes my day. You are the happiest baby in the mornings! Sometimes you wake up in your crib (yes you are now sleeping in your own room!) make a little noise, but just hang out there while Mommy takes care of the animals and gets her stuff together. A few days ago, Tueday November 16th, you made Mommy's morning much more special. You Giggled while you were on your changing table for your morning diaper and clothing change! It was such a cute laugh! You love to smile at Mommy making funny noises at you!

You are getting so good at holding your head up! Rarely ever bobble anymore!

And your grasp is getting so good. Saturday you really started to grasp at stuff - you held onto a toy in your baby gym, you were playing with a toy (kept hitting it). And you really started holding onto your rattle!

Yesterday for your 3 month birthday Dad stayed home with you. Well day care was closed due to Veterans Day. But you two had so much fun! Dad told me how you guys did lots of tummy time and you were pulling your knees under you! Why do I have a feeling that you will be an early mover? But no interest in rolling yet, so maybe not???

Also we have gotten this whole nursing in public thing down! With the help of my nursing cover, I feel comfortable nursing anywhere! We have now nursed in a restaurant, church, basement of church. Yep getting good! I so love nursing you, the bond, the nutrients, the not having to wash bottles... And I know you love it too. As I lift up my shirt and undo my bra, you turn to me and open your mouth wide just waiting. Puts a smile on my face every time.

And we are so loving cloth diapering you. Your dad even likes it. Just wish day care would use cloth on you, but c'est la vie. You are only going through about 2 packages of disposables a month, not bad... Also mom may have a small addiction to buying cloth diapers. We have enough now, but I just cannot resist some cute prints and sales. I have held back, but I think I will HAVE to get some cute ones for pictures!

Last weekend we had family pictures. I still need to go through them and order them. Just time... And then I need to order our Christmas cards! Can you believe it that we will have a Christmas tree up in 14 days!

OK Picture Time! (warning, some of these are print screens so the quality may not be there)

Family Picture. I think this is the Christmas Card Picture. Gotta have the Dogs in it. They are your big sisters!
More Family Picture Funness



Mommy and Evie

And the cute baby!

I took these this morning. I put you down on the couch while I was putting on my Ergo to get things ready and you were sitting there so cute, I had to snap a few.

Big Smile


Whatcha Doin?


We are so excited, this time next week your aunt (and soon to be god mother) will be here! And Next Friday evening Poppy and Mimi (or J and Melinda, I don't think they are set on their grandparent names yet...) will be here!!!! All for your baptism! You will look so pretty and we will have so much fun. Now to decide to get you dunked or to just sprinkle water on your forehead!




No comments:

Post a Comment