Monday, May 13, 2013

40 weeks


How Far Along:
40 weeks - overdue! haha

How Big is Baby and what Baby is up to (baby center copy and paste):
It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weights about 7 1.2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "moulding' is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured - it's normal and temporary.

 
Weight Gain:
4 weeks and have not gained! So still hovering around 20lbs. 

Best Moment of the Week:
Mother's day. Had fun with Evie and this dude didn't want to come out. 


Movement:
Mostly get stretches lately. 

Belly Button:

Almost fully flat

What I miss:
Energy, getting things easily, not belly getting wet when doing dishes. 

How I am feeling:
OK overall. Really not that bad. But lots of pressure when I stand. So maybe I need to stand and sit on the exercise ball more often!

Cravings/Aversions:
Heartburn has gone down, but eating smaller meals. 

What I am looking forward to:

Having this kid!

Had my 40 week appointment today. Had a cervical check and am 3.5 almost 4 cm dilated. 70% effaced. Cervix is still back, but lots of good progress. And the doctor said I did drop, so should be soon! 

If this dude does not come by next Monday, I will be induced. Hoping it won't come to that, but ok if it does.

40 weeks with this guy:


40 weeks with Evie:

No comments:

Post a Comment