Thursday, May 2, 2013

38 Weeks

How Far Along:
38 weeks. Wow. Cannot believe I am this far and this kid will be born soon!

How Big is Baby and what Baby is up to (baby center copy and paste):
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

Weight Gain:
Around 20 lbs still. Was very happy on Monday's appointment that I did not gain a pound.

Best Moment of the Week:
Actually last night I painted my toe nails. Kind of proud of that. It was difficult, but now sporting a fun blue for the non shoe weather we are having!


Movement:
Stretching, punching, etc. Loves to punch me in the crotch lately, or just is lower and snuggling in getting ready for arrival. Very painful at times - the whole lightning crotch idea. 

Belly Button:

Somewhat an innie. Flat on top, somewhat poking out. Did not get this poking out with Evie!

What I miss:
Being able to sit without spreading my legs to fit the bump. I feel like the kid has dropped a ton in the past day since the lower sharp pain and now changing sitting position... It is fun I tell you!

How I am feeling:
OK. I have energy again. Been getting things done around the house. But I waddle. Pee constantly. Have to sit odd since the bump is so low and in the way. Upped my dosage to 2x a day Zantac 150 (was taking 75). And still have a tums in the middle of the night.

Cravings/Aversions:
Ice cream/dairy. Not eating spicy foods at all lately - they give me horrible stomach aches and heartburn. Just not worth it. 

What I am looking forward to:

This kids birthday. Any time now. I would rather you come out than keep punching me in the cervix. Please Please Please

Also wow this pregnancy has flown by. Really has. I packed my hospital bag this weekend - just missing a few key items - undies, makeup, toiletries, cell charger, camera, ipad and charger. I have a list in the kitchen so we can grab last minute items. I did not pack much, since I remember what I used last time. And going more relaxed this time too. If I forget anything, it isn't like we live far away, and Nick will be home for the night with Evie, so he can bring whatever the next day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment