Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day Craft Day

So I got 2 crafty projects done on Mother's day and just wanted to share.

I had this canvas painted a while ago. Like over a month ago and was just waiting to put a saying on it. From a fun song by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros "Home". Just love the saying "Home is wherever I'm with you".

So after breakfast on Mother's day, I decided to finally write the words on it. I had a white paint pen to write it out. I first sketched with a pencil, but could not see it much.... Did not space as well as I wanted, but oh well. Then realized I had a huge empty place on the right, so decided to put something there. At first thought an orchid flower. Then thought how about a plumeria. Channeling our honeymoon in hawaii.

Of course I had to do this quickly since Evie wanted to color too. Not the best thinking on my part. Then at one point she got to a marker before I could stop her and did a little color flair on the top left. So she left her mark, whatever.

Here is the finished project. Works well enough and it will grow on me.


When Evie was napping, I decided to work on my ring sling. I got the pattern from slingrings. Specifically used this one. I kind of did 2 pleats for the shoulder to make it small enough. This made it nice and thick which I bet will make it more comfortable and works with my small shoulders. Maybe I'll undo it and fix it one day, but I like how it looks. I have some fleece to add to the tail to make a soft wipe area for drools and such. But was quick to make. The hemming sucked and want to get a hemming foot for my sewing machine now. I also may shorten the tail, but don't want to shorten too much so I can use this as the kid gets older. 

Finished Project - I don't look great - but no make up day. At least I am past the point of what I look like and will post photos online for people without make up!



No comments:

Post a Comment