Friday, January 28, 2011

Big Girl Car Seat


Yes Evie is in her big girl car seat! And as of right now, using it for 3 days, I do not miss the bucket infant seat at all. I do not miss lugging around that awkward and heavy piece of plastic. And she was not even at the weight limit. I believe she is about 4 inches shy of the length limit too.

What made us install it earlier than we were planning is that we can no longer keep the infant car seat at day care since she is in the new room (fire hazard). So we were lugging her in the car seat into day care. Carrying it back to the car, so much lighter. Almost forgetting it many times on the way back in to pick her up, walking back to the car, carrying it back in to pick her up. Lugging it back to the car. Was just a lot of extra un-needed steps.

I do think she likes her new car seat. She is sitting up higher. No longer has the handle in her way. She does look around and out the window a lot now. And it looks so much more comfy, and girly!

I don't worry about keeping her warm in it as much as I thought I would. We were using a jj cole cover for the bucket seat to keep her warm, and it did a good job. But since the car is kept in the garage, it does not get very cold. We bundle her up in a warm sweater or her fleece jacket and a hat. Once in the car she gets a blanket. And it isn't bad in there and heat is on. When we pick her up from day care the car has been on and is pretty much warm.

The test will be this weekend when I am stopping to grab a few things for our up coming trip to CA (I don't think I'll want to come back since they are having 60 degree weather!!). Will let you know if I miss the bucket, but I think my Ergo will preform perfectly!

We were debating about getting a gender neutral car seat. But in the long run this one is just too cute. It works with the car interior (light brown). She will be in this for a long time. And when and if we have a second, she will most likely still be in this so it is hers! Ready to stain and make it her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment