Monday, January 24, 2011

Evie's Sleep

So for 3 nights now we have been doing cry it out. Our limit is 15 minutes. It is very hard, but it does get easier to do.

Friday Night - The first night I wrote about half the night. The rest of the night she slept ok. Did cry a few times but lasted 5 minutes. Not bad. She ate twice at night.

Saturday Night - The first cry was the 45 minute intruder. Lasted about 14 minutes. She was not a happy baby. I actually turned down the monitor...didn't do much since I could hear her in her room. She didn't wake up as often saturday night. Still ate twice.

Sunday Night - HUGE improvement. No 45 minute intruder (have been having it for the past week or so). Woke up at 9:30/10 to eat...well was crying so I fed her since it was her normal evening feeding time. Woke up at 2:30 to eat, another normal feeding time (5 hours!!). Woke up for the day at 6:30. Not bad. And her morning wake up wasn't crying...it was babbling!

The sleep sack, even though it was hell the first night has helped things. She does like having her arms out.

The cry it out idea is HARD. It tears your heart. But in the long run it is good since she does teach herself how to go back to sleep.

Also last night I did move her seahorse to her viewing area so she can stare at it going to sleep. She started getting a little cranky when I put her down at night, but turning this on helps so much. We did keep it at the foot of the bed, me terrified of SIDS didn't want it near her face. But now arms out and she can move herself, thought might try and it is helping.

What else. I think tonight I am going to get rid of one of the feedings. Let her cry through it. She doesn't need it. She is almost 15 pounds. And with 6 feedings in 24 hours, and 2 of them being at night once she is asleep is a bit much.  She does not need it. I would rather her eat a little more during the day than at night. And a few times now she has soaked through her cloth diaper - microfiber and help insert. This has never happened before so yeah Evie you are drinking too much at night!

But yes things are improving! Sleeping will get great and then we fly to CA and it will go to hell again. But I accept that and I do foresee us doing this again when we get back.

Oh one more sleep thing. On Saturday she napped at moms group on her stomach. She was doing tummy time, then laid her head down watching kids play. She drifted off to sleep. She had a fantastic nap, and the kids screaming, playing, shaking things about 2 feet from her did not wake her up. I think she may be a stomach sleeper like her mommy. But I am not going to put her to bed on her stomach, she can roll herself if she wants to, I have seen her roll...she just chooses not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment