Friday, January 7, 2011

Finally back at Agility

This week I was finally able to take the dogs to Agility class! With work and sickness and the holidays it has been TWO MONTHS since we last went! Far Far Far too long.

It was great to get out of the house. Great to spend 1 hour with each dog. They loved the mental challenge, exercise, cuddles, and lots of treats!

Luna did great. She remembered a lot. She was able to do a combination of jumps and obsticles. She loves the A frame again! Loves jumping and loves the tunnel. Oh and she remembered her weaves! 6 in a row with X-pens. I was able to run the weaves with her with me on the side of the x-pens, never have done that before! We did one rep of the dog walk, beginner level.

She still is terrified of the teeter totter. I was able to sit on it, pick her up and put her on it. I just sat there with her, gave her treats and a lot of attention and praise. I need to do something like this at home. Maybe I can get Nick to make me a tippy plank...

Luna really has come far in agility.

Penny did great! She was sooo excited to get into the ring. She almost went through the X gate things to get in the ring. Was too happy. We jumped a combination of 16 and 20 inches. I swear she concentrates more at 20 inches. But she was great. It was my handling that needed help. Hey I needed a refresher too! Wow Penny loves Agility. She is getting so much better at rear crosses (me too...they are sooo complicated!). And her weaves are getting faster and faster! My handling needs work.

Going to try to go to agility next week. If not the week after that. I am going to start going again at least every other week.

what does suck for agility is that I get home after Evie is in bed. But I do pick her up at day care and get to spend some time with her before I leave so it isn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment