Saturday, January 22, 2011

Evie's first solids! (oatmeal cereal)

Today evie had her first meals of real food, not breastmilk!

We started with oatmeal cereal. And she loved it!

Her first meal was around 10:00 this morning. She was happy, just woke up from a nap, I nursed her about an hour before. Put her in her high chair, in her bib that my sister made her..she loved looking and playing with the bib!


Made the cereal liquidy, mixed with breastmilk. I did use ones that was premade in a box (Organic, whole wheat). I am looking how to make it myself. But that is another day.

She did not spit any out! Most of the mess was from it falling off the spoon before it got to her mouth. And when she had too much food in her mouth and it squirted out!


But she absolutely loved eating real food! If I didn't get the spoon close enough to her, she would lunge her head forward and put the spoon in her mouth. mmmmm.


Very cute. In between bites she kept playing with her bib chewing on it, and licking off the oatmeal that was on it.


But yes she did great with it and so enjoyed every bite. She ate the whole bowl and not much made it onto the bib..most in her mouth and tummy!

And at 5pm tonight - Evie Dinner Time! Wearing another Katie Shea Original!


I didn't mix in as much breast milk this time so it was thicker. And she did fine with it! Made more this time just to see how much she wanted. I think she ate about as much as she did for breakfast.



Once she was done, I just had to try it. With the breast milk, it was sweet. Very vanilly.

I would say this was a very successful introduction to solids! Well non liquid diet. She loved it and ate it all! She was most definitely ready for real food! I think tomorrow we are going to introduce either sweet potato or avacado

No comments:

Post a Comment