Friday, January 21, 2011

This is HARD

We have been having issues with Evie sleeping well. A few times this week I tried nursing her more than normal and yes she ate. But then in the am she soaked through her night time diaper and jammies, swaddle, and onto the sheets. Yep that is a lot of pee.

Tonight, she is in her sleep sack. The past few nights she has started in a sleep sack and moved to a swaddle since we didn't know what to do. But tonight staying in the sleep sack since she breaks out of it anyways and she is ready for this step.

And we are doing a cry it out. Oh My God this is hard. I don't want her to get used to us coming in every time she wakes up at night. I want her to put her self back to sleep. But it is hard to sit here and watch her on the monitor cry, knowing that I can go up there and she will be happy the second I pick her up. But yes we are doing this.

We are keeping track of the last time she ate and 3-4-5 hours from the last time I will try to feed her. So 2-3 times during the sleeping evening I hope.

She went to bed at 7pm last night. She woke up at 8:30 and did eat. She usually eats more at that time since she doesn't eat too much before bed. Fine. She started crying after I put her down. Cried more as I shhh'd her and rubbed her stomach. She stopped when I left the room. She woke up again at 9:15. Took 12 minutes of her crying to go back to sleep. Not all of it was crying. Quiet for a minute then some small crys. But 12 minutes she was asleep. Then 9:41 she was crying again. Lasted 8 minutes.

Our limit is 10-15 minutes depending. The first time she was in and out of sleep after 10 minutes that I let her go. And the second time she didn't make it 10 minutes before falling asleep. Yea.

But wow this is hard. So extremely hard. I just want to comfort her and hug her. But hopefully this will help her get sleep and learn how to sooth herself and put herself back to sleep.

Do not know how the rest of the night will go......

No comments:

Post a Comment