Thursday, July 22, 2010

38 weeks

How Far Along: 38 weeks!!! Every day brings me closer to meeting this baby!
How Big is Baby: Around 6.5 - 7 lbs and 21 - 21.5 inches long
What is Baby up to: The last bits of vernix caseosa (the white goo keeping baby's skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into your amniotic fluid. Baby's head is about the same circumference as her abdomen, and her head could be covered in an inch or so of hair.
Best Moment this Week: Having contractions that I hope are being beneficial.
Total Weight Gain: +17 lbs.
Movement: Baby loves to dance to flogging molly! Totally our kid!
Belly Button:Almost flat. Top half is flat, bottom half is still an inny
What I Miss: Being comfortable. Walking comfortably. Moving comfortably.
What I am Looking Forward To: Outside Baby!
Gender: No idea... But had a really good dream that it was a girl!




Not a bad week. So wanting to go into labor. I am trying a lot of the old wives tales now - pressure on calves, bouncing on yoga ball, making labor cookies, etc. And I have had contractions. Not totally time-able. Sometimes 3-15 minutes. But not totally constant. Hope they turn into real labor soon! I want to meet our baby!!! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment