Sunday, July 18, 2010

Not a bad weekend...

Saturday I spent 1/2 the day recovering from a 14+ hour work day on Thursday. Was exausted and was able to sleep in (till almost 9am!). Did a lot of laundry on Saturday (still have some to put away). Washed some of the last of the baby stuff too! Did some cleaning of the living room and stairs (love clean floors!)

We went to five guys for dinner since we haven't gone grocery shopping in 2 weeks! Was yummy and relaxing. We were trying to make a night of it and were planning on going to catch Eclipse. But we took our time eating and chatting, and got to the theater with 10 min to spare. Got to the ticket counter and asked how full the theater was - 40 seats left. No thank you! So we came home. Watched some of The Guild on netflix watch instantly, and I passed out on the couch.

Also started to pack my hospital bag as well as the diaper bag for the baby (mostly clothes, blankets, and a few random items). For me all I have packed are: nursing bra, nursing tank, comfy black pants, cheap granny panties (ugh they make me laugh every time, so not what I normally wear), cheap black socks for wondering the halls, some snacks, hair ties. Need to pack: comfy clothes for coming home, make up, bathroom stuff, boppy. Will probably find other things to pack too.

Haha - we also frontlined the dogs. Penny goes running when she sees that box. She does not like it being put on her. Luna doesn't care - she just gets pats... that is all she ever wants.

Sunday, also slept in some. Played with the puppies. Washed the doors upstairs, washed the hallway walls, washed the baseboards upstairs. Ugh every time I do this I realize how much I need to paint in this house. The previous owners were so hard on this house, so many dings, holes, pealing paint. But it looks better now than it did.

Then we went to actually see Eclipse. This time we arrived early and got good seats. Movie wasn't bad - I know I enjoyed it. Nick not so much... I didn't end up re-reading the book before hand. Am about half way through it but just don't have the time to read lately.

We stopped and grabbed some quick groceries at a store near the theater. So didn't want to do real shopping since yeah would have taken forever with a store I don't know where everything is. But we got some yummy buffalo chicken sausages for dinner!

Came home, cleaned the two upstairs bathrooms! Still need to clean the shower and jet tub, but the main parts are clean. WooHoo!

Totally didn't think the nesting bug would hit me. I think the heat is impacting this instinct. I have a huge list of things to do, but get up and do them, start massively sweating, go sit down, then do some more. But this weekend got a lot done I would say (for as hot as it has been, and no ac). But I can tell that nesting is starting to settle in. Trying not to do too much, but I am doing some stuff!

Things to do this week:
carpet clean upstairs
clean downstairs bathroom
clean upstairs tub and showers
move bathroom stuff to master
keep house clean
WASH THE DOGS

I think I'll have the energy to do all that...I hope. Also need to start giving the dogs a walk in the evenings again.

No comments:

Post a Comment