Monday, July 26, 2010

Not a bad weekend!

Actually this weekend was AWESOME! Well could have been awesomer (I know not a real word) if baby wanted to come out...

Saturday was our date day! I sat around in the morning (Luna woke me up at 7, she just wanted cuddles!) and watched Precious. It was pretty good. Happy that I watched it, and happy that I watched it alone because I know Nick would not have liked it. There were times where I was about to cry and could not believe the situation that poor girl was in. After the movie, put some laundry on and woke Nick up, gave the dogs a bath (we have a sprayer in the master bath tub and makes it so easy to wash the dogs). Lounged a bit around the house.

Then we went mini golfing! It was hot but a lot of fun! 18 holes and some much harder than the others. One hole, I hit the ball and got it in a bad spot. Every hit after that, the ball ended up further and further back until I was at the start line. hahahaha. We had a lot of good laughs and it was a blast! Afterwards, I got a scoop of Strawberry ice cream (but the main blueberry was tempting) and we went and got some fried clams from Woodmans. The onion rings looked fantastic. If I saw those before we ordered, would have gotten some! The clams were tasty, but didn't quite go with my ice cream.

After mini golfing, headed to the mall to walk around some and I wanted to look for some nursing stuff. At JC Penny's I found a nursing chimese 1/2 off! So I got 2 of them. I would like to wear them while in the hospital afterwords - not a big fan of gowns, and this is similar and has easy access.

Went home to chill for a bit then we went out to mexican for dinner! YUM! All in all, a fantastic day! DOH just realized I forgot to use the $5 coupon I have there.

Sunday was productive day! Cleaned the kitchen, swept all the floors and massively cleaned them. Cleaned all the entry ways. Cleaned out the garage. Washed dog beds (YEA! Clean dogs and clean dog beds!!). Went to Lowes. Got a new switch for the fan so it matches the dimmers in the house, got a new trash can, got a new key rack, some screws to reattach the fridge door handle (has always been loose), got this awesome light replacement thing.

Nick went around the house and replaced all the light bulbs - ok we had a lot out since we have highish ceilings and needed to get bulbs so it has been a while. AND WE HAVE LIGHT ON THE STAIRS! When we first moved in the lights were out above the stairs. Could never get to them to replace them. But now with this awesome light reacher thing, they were easy to replace! I highly recommend getting one! Nick used this tool to replace all the bulbs that were out in the house! Was awesome! Nick also fixed the fridge door handle that was always wiggly. The screws were stripped. So nice having it not wiggle when opening/closing! He also did some wiring in the living room, found that the box had 4 wires smushed into a 2 wire connection thingy, so went out and got a bigger one (you know the screw things to attach wires to eachother). And that fixed our lighting issue in the living room! (out of the 4 recessed lights only one would turn on, and we checked the bulbs all the time and it was not the bulbs). WooHoo! And he installed the dimmer/variable fan speed for the fan up high. After I painted that room 2 years ago, I never put back up the face plate of the knob turner of the fan since it was beige and the whole house is white (I hate beige).

Was a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you guys got alot accomplished this weekend, that always feels great!

    ReplyDelete