Thursday, July 1, 2010

35 weeks!


How Far Along: 35 weeks!!! 5 more weeks to go!
How Big is Baby: Around 5.5 lbs and 20 - 20.5 inches long
What is Baby up to: From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though he won't get much longer, he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (He's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) His hearing is totally developed (tip: baby responds best to higher pitches), and if he really is a "he," his testes have probably completed their descent.
Best Moment this Week: Fantastic Baby Shower!
Total Weight Gain: +13-15 lbs. The past few weeks I wasn't really weighing myself.
Movement: I think the baby is running out of room. The kicks are more like let me out streatching!
Belly Button: Inny. Getting shallow!
What I Miss: Not much... Cold beer on a warm day.
What I am Looking Forward To: 37 weeks!
Gender: No idea...



What else has been going on....

Whitney threw me a fantastic baby shower. Planning on writing a post all about it when I get some pictures. I'll post on Monday if I don't have pictures.

Dr appointment was on Tuesday. It went really well. She answered a lot of my questions, and everything is normal. My feet are starting to swell a bit, but at this point that is completely normal. OH! The baby is head down as of this appointment. Will be nice to see at the next one in 2 weeks. The next appointment starts the every week appointments! I will also go on an antibiotic or something till the end.

Was also happy to hear that they don't let me go that past my due date. They see no reason for it. I am happy with that idea - I don't want to be pregnant forever, and I am happy that they will induce either right before my parents get here or right when they arrive. I am going to push for earlier.

Heartburn has been getting worse. I am taking Zantac now on days I know it will be bad (wednesday = agility = late eating = heartburn). It does wonders!!! I think the baby may be starting to drop - having to pee more often. I really hope so. I really want to deliver early...But who doesn't?

Um what else. Oh yeah the back pain is starting. My doctor believes it is due to the baby being sunny side up. So I have exercises I do every morning and evening to stretch out my back, build up the muscles back there and to try to rotate the baby. It does seem to help! Really hope the baby rotates, I don't want to deal with back labor...

Also I still have my waist! And I am happy to report that I don't look pregnant from the back! WooHoo! Also no stretch marks - well some on the sides above the hips! And I thought I was getting the linea nigra (or whatever it is called), but moisturized it and it went away. I may have something really light there..depends on how the light hits it.

No comments:

Post a Comment