Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Cloth Diapers Ordered

I am so excited to do cloth diapering! We have decided to go with a 2 size diapering system - or one size if the brand makes one. Mostly AIO (all in one) or pocket diapers. I would like to do some pre folds too - but trying to make Nick's life easy and slowly get him into the cloth diapering system, and the pocket/AIO seem to be the best combo of easiness for him vs disposable. I know these are more money than prefolds + cover, but the ease factor for Nick just makes it worth it.

We are planning to use some disposables at the beginning as we are getting used to life together. Also we do plan on having some disposables on hand in case - traveling, run out, etc. For disposables I plan on using the least chemical diapers out here - seventh generation or the huggies natural ones.

We also plan on using a liner - Nick isn't a big fan of washing a lot of mess. Doing this to make it easier for him and us. We also need to get a sprayer for the toilet to make sure they are as clean as possible before going into the wet bag. Happy we have a steam washer to get these things as clean as possible!

So far I have ordered 4 diapers! These are part of the 2 size system. I like the idea of adjustable diapers as the kid grows so that we don't have to keep many sizes in storage and just seems like they will last longer. I was going to order one more brand, but they are being discontinued today - and a new style comes out next week! So will order some of those when they do - I was the most excited for this one (bum Genius).

So the type of diapers I ordered:

Right now I am ordering gender neutral colors - once we know what the gender is I bet I will get some adorable girl or boy ones

2x Thirsties Duo Diaper
They come in two sizes (I got 2 size one)
size one from 6 - 18 lbs (says 0 - 9 months)
size two from 18 - 40 lbs (says 9 - 36 months)
The diaper comes with snap adjustments to make it fit as the baby gets older.

This shows how the diaper changes size to accommodate a growing baby.
They have inserts that you put in to increase the absorbency of the diaper. I did not order any more inserts, but I know I will.

2x FuzziBunz Perfect Size Diaper

These come in three sizes ( I got 2 Small)
Small 7 - 18 lbs (0 - 6 months)
Medium 15- 30 lbs (6 - 36 months)
Large 25 - 40 lbs

There are adjustable snaps for the legs and waist to make it fit as the baby grows.


The diaper I was really excited for is getting discontinued
The BumGenious 3.0 One Size Diaper!
Will see what they come out with next week. Probably and hopefully is better than the 3.0.

Eeek! Cannot wait to get the cloth diapers in the mail so I can look over them and show Nick how to use them!!! Then when the baby is a few weeks old - maybe earlier - I'll try them out and see what I like the most and order more!

(Oh also looked at used in excellent condition - but Nick isn't a fan of used diapers so we are going with new)

No comments:

Post a Comment