Monday, June 14, 2010

Not a bad weekend...

Even tho this weekend was another in a row of rain/overcast/cold, I did enjoy it. We did some relaxing (which seems to happen with a gloomy day).

Saturday I organized our linens for the dining room. Pretty much realized I was keeping platters in different places and moved some out of the closet to be combined with the others above the coat closet area that really isn't a closet. I need to get a little ladder to store over there ot make it easier to get things out of it and not use the bar stool... No I am not climbing on the bar stool anymore. I also finally put all the things away that were sitting on top of the dryer for months. Still need to organize recipes/cooking magazines/cookbooks. Took the dogs to get their nails trimmed. We also went to lowes to return the storage container(shelf/drawers) we bought for the closet that was broken - simple and easy. Went to Target to get some picture frames. Stopped by Nick's grandparents and dropped off wedding photos almost 2 years after the wedding.

We were supposed to meet Nick's cousin for dinner, but that fell through. Went to a bbq joint - over a 30 min wait - no thank you. Went to a mexican place. Was yummy. Not sure if I would get what I got again (chicken in a chipolte sauce - wasn't spicy and very oily). Nick got what he always gets - fajitas. Opted to get sopapillas for dessert - was a total dissapointment - they were like fried tortillas - not the billowy sopapillas I have had before.

Did a lot more on Sunday that I did on Saturday - Put away a lot of laundry. Nick put together the drawers, I put things in them. Hung up all our clothing. Realized what else we want to do with the closet (how many more shelves). Made blueberry muffins. Made a lemongrass marinade for chicken for dinner (was really yummy). Vaccuumed upstairs and the bedroom walls, and surfaces. Oh we also painted the alphabet for the baby's room - base coat done! Now to start decorating the letters!

What I didnt' get done:
weed - too rainy and cold and gloomy
freezer meals - just wasnt' up for it - may this week
cleaning - got preoccupied doing other things and the weather just kinda killed my motivation

Things I realized I need to buy over the weekend
Storage thing for shoes under bed - going to put off season and dressy shoes in it - ones I don't use often
Mirror for closet
Mirror for our bathroom
Decoration shelves for living room (floating shelves)
Frames for retro cocktail prints for living room

No comments:

Post a Comment