Thursday, June 17, 2010

Luna was great at agility last night!!!!

Luna made me so proud at agility last night. She is a scardy dog and has to take everything slowly, in many small steps.

I was able to take her leash off since she is building confidence and I can recall her ok. and keeping treats in my hand does wonders for keeping her around and not wondering. I think this helps a lot with her confidence building.

I was able to send her to a jump from 2-3 feet away!!!!!! HUGE HUGE HUGE accomplishment! Yes the jump was only 4 inches, but still a big achievement! I threw the biggest party for her when she did that! She was so proud of herself!

We are also working on our serpentine move (ok putting their collar in your hand). We have done so many reps at the first step and she is starting to get it and if I hold my hand out she puts her neck in it! Love it! She does catch on fast. She is a smart dog!!!!! So in class I did it and she came right up to my hand in the right body placement!!!!!

Then I sent her over a jump that was higher than 10 inches (trying to force her to slice the jump at an angle). And she did it eventually! We were using the cookie jar game (high value treats in a glass jar - this time roast chicken, sometimes leftover lunch meat). Once she got it we ran to the jar and she got a huge happy reward!

Still having issues with the dog walk, and the same issue has translated to the A Frame. Ugh. But the dog walk was really low. We did a lot of work on it - She gets so afraid of that thing. Once she gets going she is fine, but it is the get going part that is hard. We found that the cookie jar game helped with this also. Getting better but not great. I really see her as a jumpers course runner - she is starting to love jumps, loves tunnels, loves the tire jump, looooves the shoot, loooves weave poles.

Oh here weave poles are looking good. She knows what to do and does a good job!

So for a scardy dog - she is turning into a good agility dog! She has fantastic muscles and is so fast. I know once she gets used to everything and builds confidence, I wont' be able to keep up with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment